TeleSoftas is looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer to join the Congenica 💉 project where you will help develop analysis pipelines and tools that will revolutionize the way medical genetics work. Your software will be used by clinical geneticists and genetic researchers worldwide; it will help make clinical decisions and provide diagnoses, and ultimately help find cures and save lives. Finding new ways to help identify pathogenic mutations and present them clearly is the key goal of the bioinformatics team.
- You will be responsible for creating, developing, and improving automated genomic data analysis pipelines to operate at a large scale (10,000’s samples per year).
- This may include the implementation of 3rd party software tools or the writing of novel software to solve problems. Creative solutions for common bioinformatics or clinical problems that make our software and service better are always encouraged.
- Liaise with the Clinical Team, customers, and external experts to define requirements for development planning.
- Quality is key to our work so developing quality metric analytics and reporting is important to ensure our customers have confidence in our analyses.
- Any new tools or features need to be supported by measures to ensure they are of the highest standards.
- As a company, we engage in collaborative projects with a small but growing number of academic and commercial partners.
- Analysis and processing of collaborator/customer data are expected to be part of this role.
- Review/maintenance of reference data.
Required skills & experience:
- Degree in Computer Science with some post-grad biology or bioinformatics training Or Degree in Biological Science / Medical subject with demonstrable programming skills.
- Programming ability in Python or Perl.
- Interaction with SQL databases such as bulk data entry, query, schema design, and ORM.
- Knowledge of a variety of NGS data manipulation tools.
- Unix environment.
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organized, and able to prioritize.
- Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to the team.
- Professional appearance and ability to produce high standards of work.
The nice – to – haves
- Variety of other languages, eg R, Java, C/C++.
- Knowledge of variant calling and annotation tools.
- Application of statistical methods to data analysis.
- Experience of working with clinical data.
- Version control tools eg Git.
- Broad knowledge of related resource and databases.
- Human variation analysis or an area with specific application to variant interpretation.
- Software development in an accredited environment.
- Some experience of non-research academic work.
- NHS experience.
- Software development in a team environment.
- TeleSoftas is all about changes and improvement, therefore we have knowledge sharing activities, workshops, training budget, 10% of work time – for learning initiatives, tech library and PluralSight subscription, global & local conferences.
- Ability to work from a different location – we have offices in Vilnius, Kaunas, and Klaipėda.
- Opportunity to bring your pet to the office! 🐶
- English or Lithuanian language lessons to master your foreign language skills.
- Employee referral program – you can get up to 800 Euros for recommending people to TeleSoftas. 💸
- Each person is unique and the development plan should be unique. That is why we have dedicated Soft and Tech Team Leads to take care of your individual development plan and ensure diverse growth.
- We believe that you should manage your own time, that is why we have a flexible working hour policy and the possibility to work from home.
For this position, we offer 1000-2500 €/month Netto (taxes excluded) salary.