TeleSoftas ML/Data team is looking for a Mid – Senior Data Scientist in Nigeria, Abuja. This team has 7 people working in Kaunas and Vilnius offices. They are a bunch of driven explorers, who are always looking for creative smart solutions in this jungle of problems. Our toolset consists of snakes and pandas.
Math and logic is our language, combined with our love of IT, we build data-driven solutions to improve all aspects of the world.
About the project
Telesoftas is building a new revolutionary analytics platform, allowing businesses to apply Data-Science and Machine Learning into their processes. As a new team member, you will be working on features for this platform and/or implementing product features for our customers. You will work on projects ranging from: Smart-Policing, Automated Talent Acquisition, Telecom Network optimizations to Computer based clothing recognition and Time-series forecasting. Tasks range from; designing and/or implementing ingest, egress and transformations, collaborating with stakeholders and data-scientist, set engineering best-practices, mentor junior members and many other exciting tasks.
What will this person do?
You will join us in changing the world via Data-science and AI. You will work on different projects solving complex problems ranging from optimizing medical analysis to smart policing. During your work you will extract knowledge and insights from data, investigate and solve complex problems via data preparation, modelling, analysis, and visualization techniques. These techniques include, predictive analysis, pattern recognition, machine learning, process optimization and/or series forecasting.
- Analyze complex business problems, collaborate with team-members, and make decisions on how to solve them
- Represent the data science community at internal and external forums
- Design and analyze experiments to test new (product) ideas
- Set/Adapt development best practices for other team members to follow
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Knowledge of SQL or Python or R
- Experience using data-visualization and reporting tools (Tableau, Power-BI)
- Experience/Expertise regarding data-modelling, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong math skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced English language skills
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Scala, Java or C++
- Experience or domain-knowledge in:
- Bsc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with data-driven designs and working practices
- Experience with data-processing frameworks like: Hadoop, Spark, Apache Flink
- TeleSoftas is all about MASTERY and improvement, therefore we have knowledge sharing activities, workshops, training budget, 4 hours per week for learning initiatives, tech library, English/Lithuanian language lessons, Pluralsight subscription, global & local conferences (Spring I/O, Apple WWDC, Google I/O – you name it)
- Soft and Tech Team Leads to take care of your career development and ensure growth – both as a person and as a master of your profession
- BE YOURSELF. When it comes to personality, TeleSoftas has no frames. Get loose. Be weird. Do fancy outfits. Do slippers.. Have a bad day? It’s ok. Be who you really are because we love our diverse COMMUNITY
- Rome wasn’t built in a day, was it? Same goes for team spirit. COLLABORATION and good teamwork is a key thing in TeleSoftas.
- TeleSoftas is always riding the wave 🌊 of cutting-edge technologies and working with projects from all around the world. Also, we do non-profit projects that have a noble purpose. Opportunities to grow professionally and explore yourself in different projects are endless.
- We have a ML/Data community run by the top experts in the field, who work in their profession for more than 5 years!