TeleSoftas Java team is looking for a new proactive and experienced developer to join the team! At the moment we have 20+ members in our Java community. The members are scattered on different projects, but always keep together as members of the Telesoftas family. The team is always striving for excellence in development, knowledge sharing and establishing best practices as well as having a good time together at work.
About the project
Brightpearl exists to automate retail. We help omnichannel businesses selling finished goods, trading $2.5m-$50m a year. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform. We manage over 10m transactions and $2b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform, built on AWS with 99.9% uptime, and is deployed twice as fast as the competition. We’ve been named Top UK SaaS Company to work for and are going from strength to strength with our ambitious growth plans!
Current state of the product- they have a working product that they want to patch (do security and performance fixes) and improve technologically. Also, extract SDK that clients can use to implement their own features.
What will you do?
- The aim is to refactor current systems based on PHP into Java microservices. Read PHP code and rewrite it to Java or do temporary fixes with PHP
- Work closely with a Product Owner
- Break down tasks into smaller parts
- Present the task to the development team so that together they can define the estimate and fill in the technical details of implementation
- Code reviews – to ensure code culture and solution integrity
- Code features and ensure integration of developed components
- Work closely with QA during Sprint
- Java 11
- Willing to work on PHP code base and able to read PHP
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to proactively think in an abstract way
- Strong problem solving and action oriented skills
- Ability to balance different stakeholders needs
- Have a good understanding of application comms protocols (HTTP, REST)
- Have worked on concurrent and distributed applications
- Enjoy working in an agile team
- Be a good communicator
- TeleSoftas is all about MASTERY and improvement, therefore we have knowledge sharing activities, workshops, training budget, pair programming, 4 hours per week for learning initiatives, tech library, English/Lithuanian language lessons, Pluralsight subscription, global & local conferences (Spring I/O, Apple WWDC, Google I/O – you name it).
- We TRUST you. So you are responsible for managing your working time and place – flexible working hour policy and the possibility to work from anywhere – our Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipeda offices or from home.
- Employee referral program – get up to 2000 EUR (net) and cool prizes for recommending people to TeleSoftas. 💸
- Soft and Tech Team Leads to take care of your career development and ensure growth – both as a person and as a master of your profession.
- BE YOURSELF. When it comes to personality, TeleSoftas has no frames. Get loose. Be weird. Do fancy outfits. Do slippers. Do sweet or salty popcorns (we have a 🍿machine). Have a bad day? It’s ok. Be who you really are because we love our diverse COMMUNITY.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day, was it? Same goes for team spirit. COLLABORATION and communication are key things in TeleSoftas. For that, we have team-building activities and summer/winter celebrations.
- We believe that engaged employees = happier employees. 😊 That’s why every team member has freedom to take ownership, offer solutions and influence the technical decisions from an early stage. Just step forward – we will give you the tools.
- We have a strong Java community run by the top experts in the field, who work in their profession for more than 10 years!
- Did we mention that we are like a family? Each year we organize Children Summer Camp for all our employees’ kids. 🐣 Also, usually our office is full of laughs and good emotions cause we like to bring our pets to the office. You too? 🐶
For this position we offer 4628 – 6612 €/month gross salary.